Front Office Receptionist
Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Born Clinic, an integrative family practice, is seeking an exceptional full-time receptionist to join our front office team. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring our patients have a great experience from the moment they walk in the door to when they leave the office. The ideal candidate will greet patients warmly, with a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. They will also have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
Primary duties include:
- Greeting and welcoming patients as soon as they arrive at the office and directing them appropriately.
- Checking in patients and notifying the clinical team of their arrival.
- Updating patient demographics, as well as ensuring all patient forms are properly filled out and complete.
- Printing fee tickets and schedules.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Ensuring patient waiting room is tidy and presentable.
- Performing other receptionist duties such as filing, faxing, appointment reminder calls, and scheduling patient appointments.
- Experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a medical office setting.
- Experience using an EHR system is preferred.
- Professional attitude and appearance; presents oneself with a kind, friendly, welcoming demeanor.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands on experience with office equipment, such as printers, copiers, fax machines and postage.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of basic computer applications, such as Microsoft office and email.
We offer good pay and benefits. No weekends and no holidays!