Medical Laboratory Technician
Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Born Clinic, an integrative family practice, is seeking afull-time MLT for our CLIA licensed, COLA accredited laboratory. We will consider candidates with effective critical thinking and problem-solving ability, meticulous attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, strong phlebotomy skills and firm commitment to providing excellent laboratory data for our patients.
- Conduct moderate complexity testing on patient blood, serum and plasma.
- Perform waived testing on blood, urine and other specimens.
- Accurately report and document test results.
- Perform and document relevant quality control and proficiency testing.
- Perform and document required instrument maintenance.
- Procure patient blood specimens by venipuncture and dermal puncture as necessary.
- Process blood and urine specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
- Associate degree in Medical Technology including a clinical internship.
- Certification as MLT (ASCP, AMT, or AD).
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in clinical laboratory preferred.
- Previous training and experience with Ortho Vitros 5600 highly desirable.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) and more. No weekends and no holidays!