Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Integrative family practice seeking a full-time Medical Technologist with advancement to Lab Director for our CLIA certified, COLA accredited laboratory. We will consider candidates with effective critical thinking and problem-solving ability, meticulous attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and firm commitment to providing excellent laboratory data for our patients.
- Perform calibrations.
- Conduct moderate complexity testing on patient specimens.
- Perform waived and non-waived testing.
- Accurately report and document test results.
- Perform quality control, manage proficiency testing.
- Perform instrument maintenance.
- Work as a generalist.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Train/educate clinical staff.
- Write procedures.
- Collect QC data points upon new testing.
- Implement Quality Assurance initiatives.
- Implement new QC lots.
- Experience in calibration verification and interpretation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science including a clinical internship.
- Certification as a MT required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in clinical laboratory with 2 years of supervisor experience.
- Experience in processing specimens.
- Experience with Unity and Sysmex preferred.
- Previous training and experience with Ortho Vitros 5600 highly desirable.
- Knowledge of COLA standards desirable.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) and more. No weekends, no nights, and no holidays*!