Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Born Clinic is a leading preventive health care services clinic. Our patient care model integrates the best emerging practices with the tried-and-tested techniques of conventional medicine. We strive to help patients prevent, resolve, and manage health problems. Our provider team relies heavily on extensive laboratory testing.
We believe in the idea of challenging a “one-size-fits-all” model of medicine. Our whole-body approach focuses on getting to the root cause of health issues. We are seeking a full-time MT with advancement to Lab Director in two years for our CLIA licensed, COLA accredited laboratory. We will consider candidates with effective critical thinking and problem-solving ability, meticulous attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, strong phlebotomy skills and firm commitment to providing excellent laboratory data for our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct moderate complexity testing on patient blood, serum and plasma;
- Perform waived testing on blood, urine and other specimens;
- Accurately report and document test results;
- Perform and document relevant quality control and proficiency testing;
- Perform and document required instrument maintenance;
- Procure patient blood specimens by venipuncture and dermal puncture as necessary;
- Process blood and urine specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science including a clinical internship;
- Preferred Certification as MT or MLT (ASCP, AMT, or AD);
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in clinical laboratory preferred;
- Previous training and experience with Ortho Vitros 5600 highly desirable.
- Competitive pay;
- Medical, dental, and life insurance;
- Paid Time Off.