Patient Checkout Associate
Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Born Clinic is an integrative family practice. We are seeking a full-time patient checkout associate to join our front office team. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting field of medicine, our primary focus is on improving the health and well-being of our patients. We are mission-driven and committed to delivering the highest standard of care.
An ideal candidate will have medical office administrative experience, medical billing and coding experience, as well as developed interpersonal skills, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, a positive and friendly attitude, and a strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing the patient checkout process;
- Pleasantly greet patients in a helpful and confidential manner;
- Posting charges and payments, while maintaining a comprehensive understanding of how to apply diagnosis code with appropriate procedure code;
- Scheduling appointments;
- If necessary, route questions to the appropriate medical staff or Provider team member after thorough assessment;
- Hours of Monday through Friday, with participation in a late-night rotation;
- Duties may be added or modified as Born Clinic changes and grows;
- Experience in a medical office setting;
- Medical terminology, CPT and ICD-10 coding experience or education;
- Excellent computer skills, experience using an EHR system is preferred;
- Strong customer service focus, team player;
- Detail-oriented, efficient;
- Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance, FSA, 401(k), and more. No weekends and no holidays!