Grand Rapids, Michigan – Full Time
Born Clinic, an integrative family practice, is seeking an exceptional, motivated full-time phone nurse or medical assistant to join our clinical team. This position plays an integral role in our patient experience, we are looking for an individual who feels patient care is as important as we do. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive, friendly attitude, and a strong work ethic.
Primary duties include:
- Answering calls in a timely and polite manner.
- Taking accurate phone messages from patients, relaying information between the provider and the patient.
- Answering general healthcare questions.
- Assessing patient symptoms to guide the patient to the appropriate level of care.
- Communicating test results and provider recommendations with patients.
- Prescription refills and prior authorizations.
- Experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified Medical Assistant in a medical office setting.
- Experience in integrative or functional medicine is ideal.
- Excellent computer skills, experience using an EHR system is preferred.
- Ability to provide high quality, compassionate care.
- Strong customer service focus, genuine love for patient care.
- Exceptional phone skills and etiquette.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take accurate notes and relay information accurately, must possess attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a group as well as independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pay commensurate with experience. Good benefits. No holidays and no weekends.