Intravenous ozone therapy is used to treat a variety conditions, including autoimmune disorders, infections of bacterial, viral, fungal, and protozoan origin, chronic fatigue, Lyme disease, and more.
Ozone is a molecule that is made up of three oxygen atoms, denoted in the chemical formula O3. Oxygen is O2; ozone is O3. It is important to differentiate between medical ozone and environmental ozone, as they are commonly confused. Environmental ozone is a known pollutant that can be harsh on mucus membranes and is typically unsafe; medical ozone, safely and precisely administered, does not generally have any side effects. We make medical grade ozone (O3) by using medical oxygen (O2) and an electromagnetic charged ion machine to attach O to the O2 (O(1) + O2 = O3).
During an ozone treatment, blood is withdrawn and mixed with normal saline and ozone gas. The O3 quickly turns back into O and O2 as it mixes with blood and saline, and an IV drip returns the hyper-oxygenated fluid back into the bloodstream, where it can begin to help modulate immune responses.
- Bactericidal, fungicidal and virucidal when applied to the outside of organisms.
- Anti-inflammatory – breaks down prostaglandins and arachidonic acid substances within the immune system.
- Analgesic – decreases the pain response by reducing oxidation to and around nerve endings.
- Detoxification – this occurs in the liver and the kidneys, both for the organs themselves as well as for their function in the body.
- Increases oxygenation to cells and tissues.
- Optimization of the pro- and antioxidant systems in the body, helping to balance the immune system.
- Varied response to coagulation – at high doses increases coagulation and haemostasias in blood vessels, at low levels increases fibrinolytic activity (breaking up of coagulation).
- Indirect influence on multiple anti-inflammatory components of the immune system as it interacts with various cells. This can help patients with autoimmune diseases.
- Infections of bacterial, viral, fungal, protozoan in origin
- Autoimmune disorders
- Inflammatory conditions
- Conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, chronic mold exposure, Lyme
Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy (2nd. ed.)
Ozone Therapy: an Overview of Pharmacodynamics, Current Research, and Clinical Utility
WHAT OUR PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY
“I am so thankful for the Born Clinic! The team has been so friendly and are good at what they do. Acupuncture made a huge difference for me, as well as food intolerance testing. Amazing office, especially if you feel like you need more help than traditional medicine has been able to provide you.”Allie, ★★★★★
“After 18 months of debilitating pain, swelling, and other symptoms; 6 doctors later, I found this place! After a diagnosis of Lyme, Dr. Pedke took the time and is amazing! ALL of the staff are caring, helpful, and professional. I am now feeling almost like myself again! Big shout out to the fantastic IV staff, I really feel cared for. Liza, Michelle, and Alaina….you ROCK!!”Kelly R., ★★★★★
“My health was deteriorating rapidly, too many details to cover in this small space. Got connected with Dr. Born by accident but it truly changed my life! Now, some 6 years later, at age 68, I am, literally, in the best shape of my life!!”Mark B., ★★★★★